New Logo for UWHNZ - NEW
It’s time for a change
After many years of using the faithful logo for UWHNZ on our communications and internal branding it is time for it to retire along with the wooden hockey sticks. We want to let some new blood in and take its place as the face of Underwater Hockey New Zealand.
Before the logo is banished we need to find a new one and UWHNZ is looking to its members to design a new logo.
So put your creative caps on create that iconic logo that shows what Underwater Hockey in New Zealand is all about and win your self some Underwater Hockey gear, plus free entry for a team at a UWHNZ tournament.
For more details and the fine print see - Logo change notice
Entries close 10 May 2019
2019 AGM - Updated
The 2019 AGM for UWHNZ will be held as follows:
When: 10 am Saturday 13 April 2019
Where: The Totara Room
16 Kemp St
1. The Executive have again agreed to subsidise delegates to encourage participation at this year’s Annual General Meeting whereby Representative Members for clubs outside of Wellington will have their travel costs reimbursed based on the cheapest possible fare available. This is limited to 2 Representative Members, including any executive member(s) attending, per Club.
2. The Brentwood Hotel provide a complementary airport shuttle for those attending the AGM
UWHNZ Concussion Policy - NEW
The UWHNZ Concussion policy was approved by the Executive on 11 March and is now in force. This is an important policy for all of our players given the observed increase in the number of concussions suffered whilst playing Underwater Hockey in New Zealand.
This policy applies to all UWHNZ tournaments and is strongly recommended for adoption by UWH Clubs, Schools and Local Associations for all Club training, games and competition and all weekly Secondary School Tournaments (Auckland and Wellington)
A copy of the policy can be found at UWHNZ Concussion Protocol
UWHNZ Appoints new Coaches and Managers - Updated
The UWHNZ Executive is pleased to announce the appointment of the following Coaches and Managers for our New Zealand representative teams:
Age Group Teams
- U19 Women’s Team – Appointment of Amy Oberkircher as Manager for the team working with Coach Tristan Reynard
U24 Women’s Team – Appointment of Claire George as Manager working with Coach Emma Rae
- U19 Men’s Team – Appointment of Sue Kysow as Manager for the team working with Coach Warwick King
These appointments will cover the campaign for the 5th Age Group Underwater Hockey World Championships which are to be held in Sheffield in August 2019
Elite and Masters Teams
- Men’s Elite Team – Appointment of Liam Watson as Coach
- Men’s Elite Team – Appointment of Andy Carr as Manager
- Women’s Elite Team – Appointment of Rebecca Brosnan as Coach
- Men’s Masters Team – Appointment of Bruno Brosnan and Player / Coach
- Men’s Masters Team – Appointment of Chris Walker and Player / Manager
These appointments cover the campaign for the 21st World Underwater Hockey World Championships which are to be held in Australia in July 2020.
We congratulate all the Coaches and Managers on their appointment and wish them well with their respective campaigns.
Further appointments are pending for the following roles
· Women’s Elite Team – Manager· Masters Women’s Team – Coach and Manager - In the interim Rebecca Brosnan and Nicole Baker will be acting as facilitators for the Women’s Masters team
2019 Interzone Underwater Hockey Championships (Regionals)
The 2019 Interzone Underwater Hockey Championships will be held at the Wellington Regional Aquatic Centre on the 27th and 28th April 2019. Entry forms, eligibility rules and dispensation forms have been posted to the contacts at the regions and can be found in the event page using the following link. Interzone Championships (Regionals)